Friday, April 26, 2013

Break Over!

Hey guys,

Sorry it's been so long since I've posted something. I've been so busy with finishing up school and because life is never easy, some wrenches have been thrown in the way including emergency vet visits! All is well now and classes have come to an end until late August so it's time to get back to the business of blogging!

I've been working on some new recipes to share with everyone soon, but today I'm just going to focus on some of my food favorites for Spring and Summer.

1. Avocado: These little green grenades have been on my plate multiple times a week and I can't get enough! There's just something about that creamy texture that makes avocado's irresistible to me and their versatility is great. I've been making avocado spreads for toast and bagels, making Pinterest inspired avocado and pesto grilled cheese, topping my salads, and of course using them for taco nights!

2. Coconut: Growing up near the beach lends itself to loving coconut flavored anything, especially a good summer drink! I've been making coconut crusted tilapia and working on coconut power bites (like granola bars but better!) so I can get my fix! I've also recently started using coconut oil and I'm really starting to appreciate what the hype is all about. It's a good substitute for butter and really does double as a beauty product. Moderation is key here of course, both in your food and your hair!

3. Fruit salads: I'm not talking about melon balls in a bowl here, but fruit ON your greens. It's not rocket science and a lot of places offer great salads featuring fruit in the spring and summer, but I'm all about it. Lunch is usually when I try to get both fruit and veggies in my meal so a good fruit salad is definitely a go-to.

Look for some recipes related to my food faves coming up soon! While you're here, leave a comment letting me know what your favorite Spring/Summer foods are and how you like to used them!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment