Monday, April 29, 2013

At Home Workout

It's been a rainy afternoon here in Jax today and I've been stuck inside while my car is having maintenance done which means I've been BORED. I cleaned the house yesterday and we all know you can't clean the house one day and fold laundry the next...that's just too productive! Thanks to the rain I wasn't able to go for a walk but I wanted to get a workout in despite the weather.


I wanted something total body and something that wouldn't take too long because I might have to go get my car soon so I broke out a few at home exercise staples and made this routine for myself:

1 minute jump rope for warm up
30 squat press with 8lb dumbbells
30 second jump rope
30 lunges (15 each side) with 8lb dumbbells
30 second jump rope
15 pushups (girly style of course)
30 second mountain climbers
30 second plank (high or low, but I prefer high)
30 second mountain climbers
30 second side plank (each side)
3 minute stretch (I focus on hip openers and hamstring stretches, being a hip patient and all!)

Phew. I am beat after just typing that again! It doesn't seem like much and it didn't take much of my time, but it kept my heart rate up the whole time and I was ready for a nap afterwords. Getting back in tip-top shape is no picnic, but I feel accomplished and proud that I didn't let the rain get in the way of my daily exercise.

Are there any home work outs you go to on a rainy day or days where you don't feel like going to the gym? Share them here or on the Real Life, Real Health facebook page and twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment