Saturday, March 23, 2013

Beating the Bad Weather Breakfast

Well this week was my spring break from school, but the weather here in Jax hasn't really put much of a spring in my step. The overcast, cold, and rain have put a wrench in my beach plans, but I wasn't going to let it ruin my breakfast today!

This morning I was solo for breakfast since SF had to get ready for a show opening and I decided to make myself a sunny meal to beat the bad weather.  I went to the Starbucks around the corner and picked up one of the new hazelnut macchiatos as a Saturday treat (sooo good by the way) and got to work on a simple egg, avocado, and tomato sandwich. It was super easy, but was just what I needed to get the spring back in my spring break.

I took half of a small avocado and sliced it onto a piece of whole wheat toast, took a thick slice of a fresh Florida tomato and put that on top, then added my fried egg (fried with cooking spray of course) and topped it off with a little mozzarella cheese and cracked black pepper. A couple of strawberries on the side and my breakfast was complete!


Simple, pretty, and definitely more sunny than this weather! With the heart healthy avocado, the nutty whole wheat toast, the delicious fried egg, and the nice dose of vitamin C from the tomato and strawberries, I think my day got off to a pretty good start! What do you like to make when the weather gets bad?

Stay dry everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I made this just yesterday and it was delightful. Thanks for sharing. Anxiously awaiting more posts!

    ReplyDelete