Thursday, January 31, 2013

Apple Oatmeal Crisp Dessert

In the spirit of staying naturally sweet, I decided to try a fruit dessert recipe I found on Healthy Aperture tonight. It was awesome and very easy to make (like guy-proof easy, maybe even dorm room easy if you have a toaster oven) so I'm going to show you how I did it.

This recipe from a blog titled "Two Saucy Sisters" (cute name!) was the one I followed. Only 7 ingredients are required (including water), 6 of which I had on hand and 1 I didn't want anyway. I'm just not a raisin fan.

Here goes...





Core and cut one apple into cubes and toss in a microwave AND oven safe bowl/ramekin with 1tsp cinnamon, 1/2tsp nutmeg.
*Add your raisins or dried fruit if you so choose













Add 1tsp of water and microwave for 1 minute. While the apples steam, combine 1/3cup oats and 2Tbsp maple syrup in another bowl and mix until combined.












 


Once the apples are done, top with the oatmeal mixture and microwave for another 2.5-3 minutes.



Pop this into the oven under the broiler for about 2 minutes or until the oats turn golden brown. Be very careful not to burn it!
*Original recipe suggested chopped walnuts before going under the broiler, I didn't have any so I made do!










Split the apple crisp into two bowls (portions people!). Top with some ice cream or lowfat frozen yogurt like I did and enjoy a wonderful, fast, and healthy dessert!









As I was eating this I was even thinking that this would be a great breakfast with a little more  oatmeal and some milk poured over the top...ideas, ideas!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment