Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The Lunchtime Dilemma

So it's day 2 of my blog and I'm still trying to figure out some of the basic functions, but I know I'll get there soon. Until I get the aesthetic down a little more I'm just going to focus on some of the food related issues I seem to run into most frequently and how I am sometimes able to solve them.

Today my issue is lunch. I always dream about being that person who easily whips up the most delish vegetable panini or a salad worthy of a picture, but of course that rarely happens. Lunchtime is the hardest meal for me to actually take time and make. I just can't get excited about lunch.

How can we make lunch at home or on the go more exciting AND keep it healthy? Lunch out is never a drag, especially if you don't pay attention to how much money you spend on lunches out every week! And for those snackers out there (guilty!), how do we put together an appetizing meal that will actually power us through the afternoon and not just until the next snack break? Let's save ourselves from the cost, extra calories, and boredom that the mid-day meal brings and add some pizazz. Take another look at the pantry and see all the healthy additions you already have. Dried fruit doesn't have to go on a cold salad, throw it in some rice or quinoa (hot or cold) with some chopped nuts. Try some hummus or pesto on your sandwich instead of mayo. There are so many possibilities if you get creative. Whatever you can add to health up your lunch and get you excited about it again is worth the effort.

What are some ways you make your lunch exciting?

No comments:

Post a Comment