Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Apple Pie Smoothie

Hey everyone! Sorry it's been so long since I last posted, but life has been busy! We were very fortunate to have been invited to a huge 200+ acre property in Georgia with some great friends for Valentine's weekend so we were enjoying our time unplugged and away from work, school, stress in general!

Now it's back to the same old grind and today I needed a sweet afternoon treat that wouldn't break my calorie bank. I'm on a smoothie kick these days since the weather has been getting a little warmer and I made up a delightful sweet smoothie concoction that I'm sure you will love!

Add one frozen banana (in pieces) to your blender or a fresh banana with a couple ice cubes
Add 1/2 cup of vanilla yogurt, Greek or regular is fine
Add 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
Optional: Add 2 Tablespoons of ground flax seed, this really makes it taste like it has the crust!
Add 3/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon or to taste

Blend away until its smooth and creamy then sit down and enjoy your healthy, sweet treat. I'm telling you, it's apple pie in a glass! 

No comments:

Post a Comment