Thursday, May 30, 2013

Salmon Burger Lunch

Happy Thursday everyone!

Today I made a yummy salmon burger and I thought I would share my recipe with you all. Last night I made a fillet of salmon, but it was too much for one portion so this is how I'm using my leftovers. I have used packaged pink salmon for this recipe before and that works well too!

So I had my leftover piece of salmon that I simply baked in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes with only salt, pepper, and olive oil added.

To make the burger, I shredded the salmon and added 1 small minced shallot, 1 minced clove of garlic, a handful of breadcrumbs or cooked quinoa( good for leftovers!), one egg (can use liquid egg whites in place of whole egg), a splash of lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste.

Form your patty and cook in a pan on medium-high heat with 1tsp olive oil until lightly browned, a few minutes on each side.

I topped mine with  a dollop of plain Greek yogurt and a sprinkle of paprika, but you could dress it up however you choose. My favorite renditions are topped with sliced ripe avocado or served over a bed of fresh greens. That's it! It's pretty easy and definitely makes for a perfect summertime lunch dish, especially along side some sweet potato chips.


Have a great day and enjoy your lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment